We provide Emergency Contraception in Inverness. No appointments needed, easily accessible location and just a quick consultation, we ensure a hassle free service to all our patients. Simply walk in and ask to speak to our friendly and professional pharmacist about the morning after pill.
Our pharmacist will need to see the person that the emergency contraception is intended for, and will need to ask a few questions regarding the patients’ medical history. This is done in the privacy of our consultation room and everything discussed is in complete confidence. The sooner you come to our pharmacy to take the morning after pill, the greater the chances of avoiding pregnancy.
We are one of the few pharmacies that are able to provide the morning after pill free of charge to patients who are between the ages of 13 and 25, and who meet the NHS criteria. Alternatively, the pill can be purchased privately from our pharmacy.
About Emergency Contraception
When it comes to sex, even if you’ve taken precautions, sometimes things don’t quite go to plan. Accidents happen with contraception and things go wrong all the time. You may even just be worried that your contraceptive pill hasn’t worked. If you’ve had unprotected sex or you’re worried about contraception failure.
Here is some of the information you need to know about The Morning After Pill :
– The Morning After Pill is an emergency contraceptive that can be used within 120 hours of unprotected sex or if your contraceptive method has failed.
– There is one white tablet in the pack and it is most effective when taken within the first 12 hours
– The tablet contains a hormone called Levonorgestrel.
– The Morning After Pill is thought to work by stopping your ovaries from releasing an egg or by preventing sperm from fertilising any egg that may have already been released.
– If you are over 13 you can get it over the counter at our Pharmacy.
– The Morning After Pill works to prevent a pregnancy becoming established, it does not work if you are already pregnant.
– You should only use it in emergencies, not as a regular form of contraception
– Please note, there are other emergency contraceptive options available through your doctor or at a Walk-In Centre.
If you need emergency contraception in Inverness or require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.